Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My father passed away in 2019, My sister was named executor on the trust. There was an amendment added to the trust stated I would be disenherited.. My father signed the amendment Robert Jacob Richards Carlsbad California however the notries stamp reads Sonoma county California how can my father be in 2 different countrie at he same time is?They are legal ground I can take to protest this amendment

Asked on 11/02/22, 6:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Not likely. A document does not have to be signed in front of the notary. The notary can verify that it was proved to them by reliable evidence that the person who signed the document is the person who is purported to sign the document. Furthermore a document intended to be signed in one county can be validly signed in another county. So unless you have evidence of forgery, you have no case.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/22, 12:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California