Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I have a fiduciary from a trust my father left me. It states i am to have a house and the fiduciary is to pay the insurance and taxes for the remainder of my life then my sister's grandchildren get the house. Im 56. I had to sell mmy house because i was told because the money wad running out. I paid 350,00 for it and just sold it for 750,000. I wanted to move up north where it wad cheaper but my fiduciary told me i had to move to merced and he picked 3 housed out and after looking at them he daid i had one hour to pick one or he would just give me 1000 a month to live on and id have to stay at a hotel. I want to fire him. He also charged the yrust 20,000 to have a lady help me fill out ssi papers in which was denied. I get my income solely from rennting rooms out in my house. I have yet to find a roomate. I haye where i live and he daid i have no choice. He even wouldnt let me choose the color yo be painted on the exterior of my house. He picked it. I just found court documents online stating he went to court and had them make my trust non court supervised . Help!

Asked on 5/16/18, 9:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

You need to meet with a lawyer that handles trust litigation on behalf of beneficiaries. You can check with your local bar association, or you can look here on LawGuru for those of us who practice in that field, to see if you have a viable claim to replace your trustee.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/18, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California