Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Hi,I have been living with my boyfriend since 2005 ,in a house that he owed here in hesperia california,we also worked together as well. He passed away just recently{about a month ago},,He had a living trust.I never did read it but I dont believe that I was in it.He had already said that he was leaving everything to his daughter and son,and they were to split everything 50/50. Anyway, they want to sell the house {which I still live in},my question is do i have any rights and if so what are my rights ,I know that common law does not exist here in california but this has been my home since ,like I said ,since 2005,and I have no family here and no where else to go.Can u help me?

Asked on 6/01/18, 9:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

More information is needed to answer your question. Much depends on what the trust actually says, whether you have invested money into the house, and whether you had some sort of partnership with your boyfriend.

You will need to talk directly to a lawyer, in order to share the necessary information and obtain confidential advice about your rights.

You can look for an attorney here on LawGuru, or contact your local bar association's referral panel. You of course can also search for an attorney through referrals from friends or family, or even though a search on the Internet.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/18, 12:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California