Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My husband died June 20, 2021. we had a living trust 2006. i am unable to locate my copy. how do i get a copy from we the people-no longer in business. the one we used.

thanks Millie Mayo

Asked on 11/29/21, 8:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

I never hold on to originals for this very reason. If the law office closed, they should have reached out to you to give the original to you. Sometimes it's possible to track down an attorney who took over the practice. If all else fails, you might have to Petition the Court for instructions since you are able to tell the Court what your trust said and it the final distribution is pretty simple, a Court should go along with your Petition

Read more
Answered on 11/29/21, 8:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California