Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Did my husbands 2 adult sons have the righgt to go into the home i was residing at and remove money, tool, files and documents less then 24 hours of his pasing.

Asked on 10/21/17, 6:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry

Probably not, but a definitive answer requires a lot more facts. Much depends on whether the adult sons were also living in the home, whether they were on title, whether they had permission to enter the house in general, whether they are the executors of your husband's estate, whether the property removed was community property, and other factors.

You need to consult with an attorney that handles contested estate matters to determine your rights. It may be that a sternly worded letter from counsel is sufficient for a return of your property. If not, you will likely need assistance in obtaining what is rightfully yours.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/17, 12:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California