Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

Letter of Administration appointed (ME) 05/09/2022

Can I Transfer or Record a Deed out my fathers name,

to a friend with Full authority pursuant Probate Code 10500 granted.

I owe Government agencies back monies

Probate ends in Aug. 2022

Thank You..

Asked on 8/03/22, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

You can sell the property (with notice of proposed action to other beneficiaries, if any) but you can't distribute it, or any estate assets, until the Order for Final Distribution. Inventory & Appraisal must be filed before you can petition for distribution (that is probably where you got the Aug, 202 date.)

I strongly suggest that you consult an attorney to assist you. If you must DIY, consult Nolo Press, How to Probate an Estate.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/22, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California