Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My probate lawyer quit in middle of case. Can I request he send me copy of his my entire file for my case and include itimizied bill. I never received any updates , have no idea what current status of case is...What should I be asking...?

Asked on 4/04/19, 2:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Jordan Jordan Law Office

The first thing you should demand is your entire file. Whether the attorney chooses to submit an invoice for services is his choice.

The next step is to contact a new probate attorney in your area and schedule a consultation.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/19, 10:33 am
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You also should file a complaint with the State Bar.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/19, 11:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California