Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

What are my rights to the back pay of my inherited oil royalties from date of moms passing to now? Just signed the transfer papers for California oil n mineral royalties, based on final year deposits,.. x’s January 29, 2019 to now, should be $16,000,…in back monthly payments they only direct deposited $1800!!! How do I get those back monthly payments? Do I need to sue? Or just get an attorney legal letter written requesting my FULL TRANSFER? And I want DETAILED MONTHS STATEMENTS FOR ALL THOSE MONTHS OF ROYALTY EARNINGS! Please advise …

Asked on 11/24/22, 5:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

The only way you can FORCE them to make the payments is to sue. Normally people make lots of efforts to get results before suing. First off you can personally demand the payments and accounting. Next step would be to have a lawyer write a demand letter. If neither of those work your only option then would be to sue.

Read more
Answered on 11/25/22, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California