Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

my son passed at age 21 and had an annuity under 100,000. He didn't have any beneficiaries. the annuity wants me to open an account in estate of his name, but in order to do this I am told I have to go to court to get administrator? What forms do I need to file for administrator? and do I still have to appear? He resided in a county that we no longer live in. Which court would I file in? the county I live in? or his old residence one? since the monies or assets are under 150,000 Can I just file the DE 310 De160 and DE161 and be done?

Asked on 1/05/18, 11:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

Sorry for your loss. If his entire estate is under $150,000, and you are the only heir, you should be able to obtain his property by affidavit, without any court action required.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/18, 3:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California