Legal Question in Workers Comp in California


I was recently diagnosed with a

Myeloproliferative Disorder (Essential

thrombocythemia) I tested positive

for the JAK 2 gene mutation. This

mutation can be caused or triggered

by Exposure to or being in the

environment of Petrochemicals such

as benzene and toluene, industrial

solvents. I worked with and hauled

these products for several companies

over several years for auto part

companies, Industrial solvent

manufacture/suppliers and toxic wast

companies hauling in and out

refineries, airports and waist facilities

etc. After several test I was given a

final diagnosis on 3/09. I have been

disabled since 1995 with painful

symptoms of this disease including

depression. I also read my life

expectancy can be as short as 10

years with this disorder and there's a

possible chance this will evolve into

Leukemia. If a comp case can be filed

on any or all of the chemical

Companies I worked for I want to do


Asked on 5/01/09, 9:39 pm

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Mahurin Law Offices of Ronald Glenn Mahurin

Re: Disability

Yes a comp case can be filed. You might also consider a Personal Injury Attorney. I know Alexander Hawes and Audet in San Jose practice chemical torts. Perhpas there is a firm in your area.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/09, 2:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California