Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

My employer suspended me from calling and sick. As a result of this suspension, I lost wages from the days I was not allowed to work. I provided them a copy of my doctor's note. Can employer do this?

Asked on 12/10/11, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers

Unless your illness was related to work, this is not a WC question. Does your Dr.'s note make it clear that you could not work during the time you called in sick, did you obtain it in the time period required by the employer, is it just a note saying that you said you were sick and the Dr. did not examine you, etc. Are there any rules from your job governing how sick leave is to be handled and if so did your boss handle your claim properly? Is it worth risking your employment to fight this?

Read more
Answered on 12/10/11, 10:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California