Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

I I lost 2 fingers,rigth hand midd and ringer last year 11/29/11 should I just wait to the insurance decision or is time to get contact with an,attorney? untill now, I get paid the 3rd part of my earns every 2 weeks and im takeing my doctor,apoiments so look like everthing is ok im wonder about what to do.

Asked on 1/22/12, 6:49 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Alison Gude, Attorney Law Office of Alison J. Gude

I strongly encourage you to consult with an attorney. There are certain strategies that might be utilized to provide you with optimal medical treatment and permanent disability award. At the very least, contact an attorney whenever the insurance company disagrees with your medical treatment and requests that you apply for a Qualified Medical Evaluator. All workers' compensation attorneys offer a free consultation. I would be happy to speak with you. Please call me at 415-655-6789 during regular business hours. Or you can locate other attorneys in your area by going to the California Applicants' Attorney Association website at I wish you well!

Read more
Answered on 1/22/12, 11:47 am
Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

I hope you meant to write "I get paid 2/3 of my earnings" every 2 weeks.

For Instance, if you earned $600/week, you should be getting $400/week (well, $800 every two weeks) from the insurance company, plus repayment for your mileage to see the doctors and therapists and hospital and pharmacies.

You should decide whether you are pursuing a Psychiatric claim too. Most of my amputation clients undergo a post-traumatic stress disorder 'flashing back' to their trauma that cause the fingers to be lost. Some also have depression when they look at their hand, upset they feel less of a human without their fingers as before, and they really need some psychiatric treatment.

Of course, you will need a CERTIFIED SPECIALIST ATTORNEY in your region to help you with this... don't hestitate to at least speak with an attorney or two. interview at least two. if the attorney you speak to isn't the one handling the claim, move on. if the attorney tried to send you to a chiropractor, move on (chiropractors are great for some claims, but not finger amputations).

Sorry this happened to you. Call if you have questions: 909-381-2771.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/12, 12:29 pm
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

You have a very serious injury and therefore, I highly recommend that you consult with an attorney. Please go to my website at Click on the "workers comp" tab, and many, if not all your questions should be answered.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/12, 11:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California