Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

I have been under a work comp claim for the last 4 years. I had one surgery last year in April and one in December. My weekly TTD changed from one surgery to the next. Is that correct? I live in california

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

Your TEMPORARY disability indemnity payment is to be 2/3 of your 'Average Weekly Wage', and it runs ONLY 104 weeks from the first check date. The MAXIMUM due any worker (even one that makes $3000/week) in 2017 was $1,172.57, and for TTD in 2018 they now get $1,215.27 per week. iF THE ADJUSTER got a Wage Statement showing you were paid Overtime and Bonuses and that increased your average, she may have increased the TTD rate to reflect the new information she just received. IF YOU HAVE HAD TWO SURGERIES after 3.5 years of treatment, this is a serious injury and you should NOT be handling this without a lawyer. Seeing the insurer's doctor can end all benefits and leave you unemployed, partially disabled and penniless. IF YOU DO NOT have a lawyer, the Calif. Applicant's Attorney president there in your region is Laura Rosenthal of Law Office of Richard Meechan in Santa Rosa and I strongly suggest you get a free consultation immediately.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California