Legal Question in Business Law in Colorado

My business partner did not contribute to the work we were doing despite many written commitments. He did not see a single project through completely and now is out of the business. We had an operating agreement in place. It stated no one can voluntarily leave the business. I have his signed notice of leaving the partnership stating it is a wrongful dissociation. Can I go after him for anything on this?

Asked on 7/03/20, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.


If your OA stated that no member can leave voluntarily you can proceed for a claim of breach of contract. The more important question is what are your damages and that takes a review of the OA, your business, and many more facts. Contact an attorney for advice.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/20, 12:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Colorado