Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

I was arrested for a misdemeanor charge back in 2011 for "Fraud sale of tickets at a premium" It is the only offence on my record but could cost me an opportunity to teach overseas. When I was in court the Judge put me on probation for a year to ensure that I stayed out of trouble (which I usually do) and I had a very small fee. How do I find out if this case is eligible to be expunged (0r sealed, whats the difference)? What steps can I take to get it expunged or sealed?

Asked on 3/10/14, 1:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Waters, Kubik, and Cassens

Cases that were dismissed, either outright, after acquittal, or via plea (a successfully completed deferred judgment and sentence) are typically eligible for sealing. There are exceptions, however. Some convictions from municipal courts can be expunged as well.

Sealing and expungement are the same thing.

Get a copy of the records and speak with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/10/14, 2:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado