Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

I am awaiting trail for a domestic violence charged, I have accepted a plea deal and upon successful completion all charges will be dropped. Am I allowed to cross state borders while I am waiting for my next court date?

Asked on 3/28/20, 11:06 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clifton Black Law Offices of Clifton Black

I would seek permission from the court. It will depend on the jurisdiction, judge, bond conditions, etc. The best bet is to file a motion and get the court's permission. If you are on bond, you will likely need the bond person's permission to file with the motion, "consent to travel." If somebody signed as a guarantor (family member, friend) you may also need there consent to provide to the bonds person. Also, some courts will require an "extradition waiver" basically indicating that you will not fight extradition if you fail to return and a warrant is issued.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/20, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado