Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

Hello i got prank from my family that my mom died in my country and i had court next day.they booked for me immediately same-day. And in my country tradition that i have to be there.i didn't think even and me and my wife took sameday flight.which they booked it and i have the prove because they did it online.after i went there me and my wife found my mom alive so i get seizures. So they took me to hospital and there they made blood test and they found out that i have virus c and chiroces 4th degree.which mean i am living without liver and i start retaining water in abdomain in a crazy way. And i haveto. Have liver transplant as soon possible. All this took 3 years now and i had the surgery and i have offeciial paperwork prove every single word,now i have warrant for arrest because failure to appear to court.which i swear i had my lawyer on phone to make sure he will show up in time.i can't go to jail in my condition now because I barely can walk inside my mom house.can i fly to different staltel me and my wife just for getting my health back because we are home sick in crazy way.without arresting me and my wife?is that possible. Please say yes you can come home to different state

Untill i get in shape to turn myself in. By the way i am permanent residence and my wife is american.and i lived in america more than 8 years never went to visit my family.and that's why they did that crappie thing

Asked on 7/17/16, 11:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

Your wife will not be arrested. It was your court date so the warrant is only for your arrest. You can be arrested in any state. You might or might not be arrested if contacted by law enforcement in another state. Much depends on the reason for the warrant.

Incidentally, the fact that you didn't follow up with your lawyer for three years indicates that your failure to appear was not his fault, but yours.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/16, 4:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado