Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

In Colorado, what happens to a trust when the owner of the trust dies? In this case, a house is listed in the trust.

Asked on 8/12/19, 7:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dave Rich Flatiron Legal Advisors, LLC

As to the house, it needs to be sold or transferred out of the trust. You need to use a special deed called a trustee’s deed. If you are selling the house, the title company may also ask for an estate tax affidavit. We can help with this and we do it routinely for clients.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/19, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado