Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

Joint custody different states son wants to move

My son is 15 and resides in Colorado with his father. We have joint custody with my ex as custodial parent. No child support was requested. Due to some minor physical abuse by his father and quite a lot of verbal abuse by his step-mother, name calling etc. I need and want him to live with me. My ex refuses. Do I have any recourse?

Asked on 10/24/02, 9:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Zachary Bravos Law Offices of Zachary M. Bravos

Joint custody different states son wants to move

If the child has lived in Colorado for more than 6 months, or if Colorado is the state that entered the original custody judgment, then you would have to file your request for modification of custody in a Colorado court (per the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act). To obtain an answer as to what your recourse is in Colorado, you should resubmit your request for information specifying Colorado only.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/02, 5:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado