Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

Modification of child support

Assuming that there is more than a 10% change in the amount of support, how

often can a party file a motion to modify? What is the statute that governs this?

Asked on 8/09/02, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Kelly-952-544-6356 Kelly Law Office

Re: Modification of child support

The statute is 518.64. It says that you need a substantial change in circumstances, and this is presumed if you have a 20% change which is going to make at least a $50 a month difference. In other words, you need a change of 20% and $50 to be presumed substantial.

10% would in most cases not be enough.

Good luck.

This response is for general information purposes only and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You are advised to seek the advice of the attorney of your choice concerning the details of your case

Read more
Answered on 8/09/02, 6:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado