Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

my wife and I want to change my daughter's last name from mine to my wife's last name. We are still married, we just have different last names. Is this possible? and how much will it cost?

Asked on 9/15/16, 1:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rebecca Pescador Whole Family Legal, LLC

Short answer, yes it is possible. I assume that you are both her legal parents, either by birth or adoption. Both legal parents have to consent to changing a child's name. There is a process specifically for changing a child's name. It is not complicated, and takes about 60-90 days. You should consult an attorney to be sure everything is done just right. The expense will depend in part on how much the attorney charges. I would be glad to discuss this with you further directly.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/16, 8:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado