Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

I co-signed on a house with my daughter she is now 2 months behind I refuse to keep making payment can my name be removed from the loan or can I sell the property without credit is being destroyed due to late payments or non-payment

Asked on 7/31/12, 6:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

You cannot be removed from the loan unless the lender agrees. They likely won't. You cannot sell the property because it is not yours to sell and it does not sound like you have title.

You can hire an attorney to try to apply some pressure or figure some resolution, but you don't have many great options. Good luck and remember never lend money or co-sign on a loan unless you are willing to lose that money or pay that debt entirely.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/12, 2:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado