Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

Misleading or misrepresentation of apartment ...

Before signing the apartment lease, I ask the leasing agent if High Speed Internet Access was available in the apartment. She said No, - Only T1. T1 of course is much faster but once I acquired the apartment, I found that this is not the case. Can I get out of my lease because they told something that was not true?

Asked on 1/13/02, 9:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Louise Aron Attorney at Law

Misrepresentation regarding high speed internet access

Louise Aron

Attorney at Law

Lakewood Office:

1536 South Ingalls

Lakewood, Colorado 80232 USA

(303) 922 7687

fax (303) 922-1370

Cherry Creek Office:

300 South Jackson #100

Denver, Colorado 80209 USA

(303) 780-7339

Satellite offices:

Boulder - 4450 Arapahoe Avenue, #100

DTC - 4610 South Ulster, #150

A TOLL FREE NUMBER is available to clients outside the Denver metro area.

My email: [email protected]

My web site

LawGuru User

Dear LawGuru User:

Unfortunately I do not have expertise in this area (I practice real estate law, not landlord/tenant law). In general, renters in Colorado have few rights.

You could certainly have an attorney contact the landlord and demand release because you signed the lease based on a misrepresentation. Without research, I cannot say whether you would win such a battle in court.

A search for "renters rights Colorado" or "tenants rights Colorado" on the internet will give you quite a bit of information. Also, tenants with low incomes who are Denver residents may contact the Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Denver, which I think has a program which makes attorneys available to them.

Thank you for using LawGuru.


Louise Aron

Attorney at Law

Read more
Answered on 1/14/02, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado