Legal Question in Tax Law in Colorado

back taxes personal and business

i owe back taxes for the last 4 years which i have not filed and I am wanting to clean it up and get it done

Asked on 10/28/07, 6:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Cappuccio Ronald J. Cappuccio, J.D., LL.M.(Tax)

Re: back taxes personal and business

The failure to file returns for 3 years is a presumption of intent not to file. This could result in a criminal conviction. You should IMMEDIATELY call a TAX LAWYER (not an accountant!) and arrange for a conference. You will have attorney - client confidentiality. You should follow your attorney's advice and prepare the returns as soon as possible.

I have additional information on my website:

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio

Read more
Answered on 10/28/07, 7:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Colorado