Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

I have a domestic violence case with my now ex boyfriend. The statement was made early monday morning on November 7th. This is his fourth domestic case, which are all cleaned from his record because he took classes. In my case he was charged with assault in the 3rd degree, disorderly confuct, strangulation in the 2nd degree and threatening in the 2nd degree. I was just recently told by a woman who is helping my case that he would most likely end up having to do classes again, and also have probation. If he completes the classes and the probation, this will be cleared off his record. I don't want this to be cleared off his record and I want him to be convicted. I have hospital document of my injuries that I am sending into the court and the police station, and I'm also seeking counseling. I was wondering if I hired a laywer, it would help my chances of getting him convicted.

Asked on 11/14/11, 1:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

The best thing you can do is show up in court for every single one of his appearances and make sure you tell the judge the whole history and bring all your documents. You must tell the judge that you don't agree to have him just take classes. I have found that if the victim is persistent, she has a better chance of getting what she wants. You should object to the classes and the probation each time you appear in court.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/11, 12:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut