Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

There is this man that is trying to destroy my marriage and damage my character. 14 years ago I was being pursuid by this individual always brushing him off letting him know that I am not interested and that I am married. He till this day is still telling everyone that he had an affair with me (NOT TRUE). And I would like to know what legal action I can take against this individual. I am planning to go to the police to file a report. What can I do?

Asked on 4/12/11, 5:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Hite Rosenberg, Whewell & Hite, LLC

Unfortunately, you don't have any practical legal recourse. The police won't want to be bothered with this. If he is contacting you and threatening or harassing you, then you should go to the police. If he is just talking behind your back, my advice is to let it go.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/11, 9:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut