Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

I want to sue a police officer for being totally incompetent. How do I begin and what kind of attorney do I need? My family suffered a robbery in July of 2008 and lost over $100,000.00 in valuables. From the first minute the officers arrived at our home, it was very evident they did not believe us. I gave the lead investigator the name of a friend who I thought might have committed the robbery. I provided everything they needed to find her and I was absoutely positive where she went with all our family's jewelry, coins, etc. We lost everything because it took the lead investigator over two weeks to make a move. There's so much more to the story and it was such an outrageous display of incompetence and carelessness that I doubt I'll ever get over it. How do I find a lawyer who is not afraid to go up against a police department?

Asked on 6/14/10, 9:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

There is no claim (cause of action) for negligent investigation by a government employee.

Read more
Answered on 6/15/10, 10:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut