Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Connecticut

I have a supplemental judgement on me and I don’t know what that means my house was sold months ago in a fore closure sale also I don’t have any paperwork from the courts if I have to pay or not I can’t even access it on the judicial website it is high listed in black with no dollar amount either any help would be great

Asked on 5/13/22, 7:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

An attorney would need to see the judgment to be able to advise accordingly but it sounds like you are talking about a deficiency judgment for the excess debt that the property value cannot cover. In this case, the bank may seek other assets to satisfy your debt. ie. wages, bank accounts, stocks/bonds, and other real property. I would advise you to consult with someone like me regarding your options for bankruptcy. Please feel free to reach out to me for further assistance 203.870.6700. Max Rosenberg

Read more
Answered on 5/13/22, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Connecticut