Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

How do I arrange for my parents to be my 16 year old daughter’s temporary guardian? We live in CT and my parents live in IL. My daughter can’t deal with the emotional, verbal and mental abuse from her stepdad.

Asked on 3/19/20, 8:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Linda Subbloie Linda A. Subbloie, Esq.

Go down to the probate court in your district and file a petition for temporary guardianship. The clerk will help you with the paperwork. Probate judges are very good about letting people appear by telephone. Tell the clerk that your parents would like to call in on the day of the hearing.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/20, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut