Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

What action can I take against my attorney who has received $10,000 on my behalf in a settlement but has not paid me.

Asked on 5/28/10, 5:05 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

First find out why.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/10, 8:11 am

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

The first thing you should do is contact the attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/10, 8:24 am
Stuart M. Address Law Offices of Stuart M. Address, P.A.

If your attorney has no legal basis to hold the money, then you should contact The Florida Bar in Tallahassee and ask for the forms to file a bar grievance against the attorney. This will probably resolve the problem if you are truly entitled to all of the funds. Otherwise, you may have to file suit against the attorney. However, I do agree with the prior answers in that if you have not already tried to talk to the attorney you should try this first. If you cannot get a response, I would file a Bar Grievance against the attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/28/10, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida