Legal Question in Business Law in Florida


My name is Alex and I'm 25 years old. I want to open an LLC in Florida; however, I'm not a lawful permanent resident, I have a B-2(Tourism) Visa. The idea of the company is to be able to work remotely for US companies through that LLC despite the fact that I do not currently reside in the US. I was previously studying and I have an SSN( which needs approval from DHS). Is it possible to open an LLC and do I need to fill the papers for a person ITIN before filling up the Article of Organization.


Best Regards,


Asked on 12/02/20, 2:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Frank Natoli Natoli-Legal, LLC

The Social Security number or TIN will only be needed to set up the EIN with the IRS. So as long as you have that it should not be a issue. If you are here in the US working then you are in violation of your status unless you have a visa that permits you to do so. But you are free to operate the entity from your own country of course.

If you need clarification, I suggest that you consult with a lawyer in private and discuss your objectives in more detail. You can start by calling around to several for a free phone consultation, get some insights then pick the best fit to work with.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Our firm is now referred by the American Bar Association (see under the New York section):

Kind regards,



[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/20, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida