Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Florida

power of attorney

I purchased a car to help my daughter. She moved to Fla. I signed a power of attorney for her to handle the tag and insurance in fla. She defaulted on the payments of the loan making me have to pay them. The tag is still a ga. tag and the insurance is in my name. I want to reclaim and pick up the car. What rights do I have since I signed a power of attorney for her to handle the business of the car? The loan is only in my name.

Thank you,

Asked on 6/22/06, 1:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: power of attorney

You would have a claim against your daughter if she agreed to make the payments. Otherwise, the loan is your responsibility regardless of to whom you gave power to make payments.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/06, 9:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Florida