Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

An attorney just called me threatening to sue me on behalf of a veterinarian bill I did not pay. The bill is for $70. I don't plan on paying this bill because the vet did not care for my animal but had to refer me to a different vet. Can I be sued for $70??? Can he force me to pay this?

Asked on 12/01/09, 9:05 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

You could be sued in small claims court. If they convince a judge that you should have paid, then a judgment will be issued against you. Check with your county clerk of court's website for more information on small claims.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/09, 9:17 pm
Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

of course you can be sued for $70. you can be sued for $7.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/09, 10:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida