Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

My employer needed to have some engine repair done to her dump truck. The engine was running when the truck was delivered to a repair shop. After they worked on the engine it would not run. It has been four weeks and the repair shop says they can not get it to run, they have done all they can. They will not allow her to retrieve the truck to move it to another shop until she pays the repair bill. Truck and shop are in Florida. What can she do?

Asked on 3/04/13, 12:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

Unfortunately, if they are refusing to return the vehicle till the bill is paid there are only 2 options. One is to pay the bill and potentially file suit later, or she can get a writ of replevin through the sheriff's office. The writ will probably require her to place the amount in dispute on deposit with the court. The sheriff will then go get the car for her, and the court will set a date to hear the dispute regarding the money. The winner at the hearing will get the money on deposit.

Read more
Answered on 3/04/13, 12:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida