Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

I am trying to serve someone who seems to be, and has a history of, evading service. I believe I can not continue with my small claims case against him if I can't have him served, but I want what is owed me. He has not completed repair work on my RV. He has left town, and has many other complaints against him in the state of Maryland. How should I proecede?

Asked on 12/04/09, 10:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lesly Longa Longa Law P.A.

You can check Chapter 48 of the Florida Statutes for the civil procedure for service of process. It's hard to say how you should proceed without knowing more. Contact an attorney for assistance.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/09, 10:48 am
Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

My bet is that you are beating a dead horse and it is not worth your further investment in time, energy and rescouces to chase him.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/09, 1:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida