Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I let someone borrow over 50k for him to have a business and it's been more than a year since it's been sent to him. Regardless to say, he hasn't paid any of it back even though I've asked him multiple times for the money or at least for payments. He's in Florida and I'm overseas. What are my options to try and get this money back? I have wire transfer receipts for the money sent to him and messages I've sent to him asking for the money back. He keeps telling me he's having problems now. If he has different businesses(car dealer, restaurants, etc), can he be made to sell them in order to get my money? If I need to go through an attorney, what would be a good estimate of how much that would cost and can he be made to pay it if the judgment is found to be against him as it should be? Thank you

Asked on 6/06/22, 10:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Most collections are handled on a contingency basis. An asset search would let you know if a judgment is collectable.

Read more
Answered on 6/06/22, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida