Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

Is there anyway to have a default judgment settlement reduced if was not personally served? I believe the law firm acted in bad faith by serving documents at an address I never lived at and are now garnishing my wages. I became aware when my employer notified me that wages were being garnished.

Asked on 5/07/20, 7:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

It may be too late to vacate the judgment. Depends on the timing. You would also need to raise a good defense to the debt.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/20, 7:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida