Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am being asked by my PO (Federal) to fill out a financial disclosure Statement after serving my prison sentence ( I finished already on 2/20/2019) Any how. Well first things first I plead guilty to 1 count of Mail fraud and served 41 months with 3 years probation. I have a court fine of $300,000.00 of which I have to pay 10% of my gross disability payment to the Gov each month starting April. On this form they ask about the crime, and also want me to give them permission to see my medical records now and for the next 5 years Without making them angry do I have to agree to such blatant invasion of my life. I should mention that even the PO's are questioning this my supervision is out of Florida but Sentencing was out of Seattle. I am on disability and get a little each month not allowed to work, should I find an attorney that I can hire for the next 3 years while on Probation to keep tabs on this?

Asked on 3/01/19, 6:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

What they are doing is probably legal. Have you seen your paperwork? If there is something in there along those lines that the judge ordered then there is probably little you can do. If you're on disability and they need proof of income then yes they can ask for that statement and medical records. If this has not been ordered then I would advise speaking with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/19, 6:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida