Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

If a kid tresspass a house and do some damage but you pay for the damages can the owner could later press charges and ask for more money

Asked on 12/13/11, 4:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Only the state attorney's office can press charges. Now, can the owner ask for more money? The answer is it depends. If a payment was made with the understanding by all parties that it would settle the matter, then no the owner can not. However, if there was no agreement and the owner can prove that there was other damages as a result, then they potentially could.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/11, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida