Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am on probation in a criminal matter and have grounds to get a new trial. How do I go about that?

Asked on 8/09/10, 4:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

You need an attorney to see if you can get a new trial. However, the first thing I would point out, and it is unclear from your post what happened, is that you have to have had a trial the first time. If your probation was a result of a plea, then you don't have the right to a "new" trial since there was no trial in the first place. Further, the grounds to reopen a case may not be legally sufficient so you need to hire an attorney to review your options.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/10, 8:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida