Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Hi! Can I turn in/report a weed dealer I once bought weed from? Would I get into legal trouble for confessing my consumption? What would be the best way to report them and provide evidence?

Asked on 6/04/20, 6:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Eric Trabin Lucid Legal, PLLC

Yes you could report a weed dealer. Although you would be admitting to having bought and consumed marijuana, if it no longer exists and you aren’t in possession of anything illegal, there would be insufficient evidence for a criminal prosecution. In other words, a confession without the weed won’t stand.

I’m sure there are cops that would be willing to use you as a confidential informant. I don’t know how interested the cops are in catching a weed dealer (nowadays they’d rather spend their time trying catch dealers or cocaine, opiates, fentanyl, or heroin) but you can certainly offer your services.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/20, 6:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida