Legal Question in Education Law in Florida

College Degree

I attended a junior/ technical college in the state of Florida and recieved an associates degree in the area of my studies. I basically feel cheated by not being able to take my degree anywhere. I was under the impression at the time of enrollment that I would be able to continue my education and recieve my bachelors degree at a public university upon recieving the associates. Mid way through the program, I found out that was not the case. In fact, the public universities don't even recognize the school's accredidation, not even the community colleges will. The school I attended charged 4-5 times what the state schools charge per credit hour. I was unable to attend college as a young man, so returning to school as an adult with children was a difficult, but I felt a necessary step for the future. Now I have a student loan payment that doubles my electricity bill, without the proper education to to elevate my career in the field studied. 10 years of thease payments basically off set any monies the degree would earn me. Is there any leagal action that can be taken regarding the reinbursement of tuition spent?

Asked on 7/10/09, 2:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Re: College Degree

Look at the advertisements and school catalog of the private school. See what it said about its accredidations were at the time you applied and since. If it lied or misrepresented, you may have a case.

good luck.


Read more
Answered on 7/10/09, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Florida