Legal Question in Education Law in Florida

My mother has been unemployed for six months. My father and her have been divorced five or six years now. I am attending a private college prepratory school for which I have earned a schollarship reducing tuition to the bare minimum. In light of a domestic violence incident between the two of them I am afraid he will stop paying tuition and force me to change schools this far into the semester when first quarter report cards are mailed out tomorrow. Is there any law in Florida that can stop this? Is there anything my mother and myself can do to protect us from this situation?Type your question here...

Asked on 10/22/09, 9:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

Parents, whether divorced or not, are not required to pay for college for their children.

Read more
Answered on 10/28/09, 8:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Florida