Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I have a 3.5 child out of wedlock i live in Lee County. My parents r my childs care takers everyday while I am at work. My income level is low and I cannot afford daycare. I live in my parents condo and cover the bills of the condo. it was considerably less than renting . They are moving 186 miles to other coast and selling my condo i live in and their home. I am moving with them and moving into the house they are buying I will acquire work, and they will buy a condo for my child and me.

The father of my child does not pay child support( has not been requested by the courts or me). By no means does he support me and my son, and there is not any court order custody or visitation in place. He did sign Birth Cert. he is in my child's life about one every other week for a few hours supervised by me.There are allot of excuses why he can come see my child most of the time(like Im sick, or fever , ect.) My child said that daddy yells at him and smacks him and now he wont go see his dad alone. The whole time his father is around he tries to get me back and touch me,and gets mad when I ask him to stop.

.The father is now married and has an other 1yr old child and tries to get with me all the time. I have about hundred text asking me to sleep with him and he still loves me. At one time he had cancer and was dying to get me to talk to him and this time its he is leaving his wife. It is always something.Im tired of babysitting and getting hit on its very uncomfortable. I have never tried to keep my child from his father and always have tried to keep the relationship.

However, now I am forced to move because my child's caretakers and grandparents who my child is with 10 hrs a day five days a week and has been with for 3.5 years, Is moving and they help support me and my son. How much time do I need to give my son's father I am moving? If he tried to stop me, Could he keep me from moving?

What are my chances of not having a problem moving?

Asked on 5/26/11, 7:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You should seek court permission to relocate. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/26/11, 7:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida