Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If my children's father cannot take the kids on the dates appointed for his visitation due to his extracurricular activities, do I by law have to exchange the days for him to have the kids? In other words, if he has a scheduling conflict on the said day, do I have to exchange that day for a day that is more convenient for him or can he just miss that day.

Asked on 10/10/13, 9:00 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

You are required to work together for this sort of thing, not doing so can only lead to problems.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 9:08 am

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You are supposed to comply with the order, yes, if becomes a regular ongoing thing with his schedule then you may consider going back to court to change the schedule.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 9:16 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

Usually the Judge puts language in the Order as to what is supposed to happen when there are conflicts as you describe. Read the Order carefully.

Read more
Answered on 10/10/13, 12:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida