Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

House husband wants primary residence for kids

For the last two years I've taken care of all parental duties for our 4,12,14 yrs old boys while my wife works full time which I commend as she works early to late. I work from home.

For the last year a divorce has been brewing. We agree so far on a no contest-no alimony divorce & everthing divided

50\50 & equal share custody etc.

The one clause I'm uncomfortable about is who should ''rightfully'' get ''primary residence'' for the children. I feel in my case the husband should as after the divorce, the children would spend most of their time with me in the same house & excellant schooling they were brought up in. Their mother ideally would like to buy a home nearby but being human she might find a nicer house and/or relationship a little farther away which could interupt or put our children in a less than desireable neighborhood. I can't take chances.

My concern is we live in a mother preference world during a divorce which is just plain unfair at times! If I were the mother, I'd get my wishes in 5 seconds flat. What are my chances? Thanks in advance.

Asked on 11/15/04, 1:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Moses Williams Moses E. Williams, Attorney at Law

Re: House husband wants primary residence for kids

I am available to help you negotiate with your wife for property, custody, and ending the marriage.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/04, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida