Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My husband took my kids from my house (polk)where they were being cared for by my sister as I was out of town (temporary) said that he would bring them back Sunday. But instead Filed for divorce in (hillsburougho)Switched his felony probation(2nd degree murder of ex wifes father during a demestic violence incident with her) and took my kids to west palm beach county where he is now residing.his lawyer put in a motion to relocate that was denied so I drove there and ask a deputy to escort me to pick up my kids and he refused because the motion was out of county and not a court order but I haven't even been served yet b/c he said he did know where I was. Is this legal and what are my options he has already said he only wants the kids to hurt my but its my kids that are hurting. Help us please.

Asked on 5/11/13, 1:33 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You need an order of Contempt from Judge. You should also speak with the Sheriff in Polk county. See if he will call the Sheriff in Palm Beach. Your attorney can also call the Sheriff in Palm Beach.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 4:48 am

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

This sounds like fraudulent activity by your husband. You need to get a lawyer and get a child pick up order asap.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 9:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida