Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex husband who’s a police officer canceled health insurance ( provided by the municipality he works for ) for me and my daughter and didn’t tell me about it but suggested to do no to apply with my employer promising he will keep health insurance for us for a year. Turns out to be it’s been canceled a long time ago and I missed open enrolement and all allowed time frames to apply at my work and I work for the government too. I reached out to his employer asking if we can work something out - he found out and sent me letter of sease and desists threatening with law suit if I will contact his employer or any of his co-workers again?? I contacted appointment government official and I believe I was within my right? I asked all the proper questions as to how to resolve this unfortunate situation and offerer assistance on my part as well . And no one canceled the first amandement as I’m aware. And I got this letter ( in email) from a legal assuatant of some law firm, where they don’t even describe what the problem is but stating “ that I have acted inappropriately , improperly and perhaps Unlawfully?? Doing what ?? So what are my actions , I don’t need any stress and troubles , I’m a single mom and this is becoming more then it should have ever been . Thank you for your advise.

Asked on 2/16/19, 6:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You need to contact your divorce lawyer. These issues are almost always covered there.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/19, 6:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida