Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Is it legal for the father of my children to change his phone number so I have no way to contact him?

Asked on 9/07/13, 6:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gregory Buckley Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law

Is there currently an order in place that requires him to provide you with a current number? If so, then he is violating the order if he changes his number and does not provide you with the new number. He could theoretically be held in contempt of court if he continues to violate the order.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 8:05 pm

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Co-parenting means he should keep you up to date as to his phone number. There is nothing "illegal" about changing your phone number.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/13, 3:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida