Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

marrriage couseling

If I requested marriage counseling how do I know if it was granted, today I saw in the public records that it said order of referral to of/for arbitration/mediation, does this mean my petition for the counseling was denied?

Asked on 8/23/07, 10:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: marrriage couseling

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

A court will generally not order marriage counseling for two parties who are not getting along. A judge might suggest it but it would be unusual for a court to order it. If you filed a motion, you need to set it down for a hearing and the judge will make a ruling at that time.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/07, 11:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida